Our Front Doors or Entrance Doors offer the utmost in security; with German locks, 3 star high security cylinders (detailed below) and a superior and unique glazing system, no front door gets any safer. No one has ever broken through one of our softwood or hardwood doors, so you know your family will be safe behind our front door!
Our front doors are Solid, Safe & Secure
Security and peace of mind for your family:
Our front door cylinders have been developed specifically to meet the TS007 3-Star standard for lock cylinders and has undergone rigorous testing prior to its full approval to the new standard. To provide a counter measure to, amongst others, the increasing threat of snapping locks, the cylinder itself features several layers of protection. In particular, the cylinder features a sacrificial break slot, which ensures that in the event of the cylinder being snapped, the secure core of the lock is retained within the door preventing forced override of the cylinder.
What is the TS007 Kitemark?
To effectively protect your door, the Door & Hardware Federation in the UK (DHF) advises that the lock cylinder and door handles on external entrance doors should meet the highest standard, and
protect against all the latest forms of attack. The DHF advises home and business owners that their lock cylinders should be upgraded to the TS007 Kitemark standard.
Secured by Design (the Association of Chief Police Officer’s crime prevention initiative) has worked with the DHF and the Glass & Glazing Federation (GGF) to develop the TS007 standard.
Anti drill Anti pick Anti bump Anti snap Anti extraction
Further Security on our doors
We offer 3 different options in High Security German made locking systems:
1. Winkhaus Auto Lock High Security – Secured by Design.
2. Winkhaus Lever Lever High Security – Secured by Design.
3. Winkhaus Lever Pad Split Spindle High Security – Secured by Design.
– all of our above front door systems come with our 3 star high security cylinders – NO UNAPPROVED KEY COPYING!
– in addition to the above state of the art front door systems from Coastal Group, make sure to ask for; Coastal’s BLU range of hardware, designed to enhance the aesthetics and performance of external doors and is guaranteed to last the lifetime of the door.
– or should you prefer an older style Locking system with 2 keys we can do the Yale night latch locking system for you. (Not as good and not as secure as our Winkhaus system which we highly recommend)
Other Technical advantages and options we recommend:
For our front doors and entrance doors we have two options of cill types: choose from either a timber cill with an aluminium top for drainage channels or a low aluminium threshold suitable for disabled access. We always highly recommend the low aluminium threshold cill as it is a much lower step so you are less likely to trip over it and it is also more durable and wear resistant. Obviously this is also useful for disabled access. Here you can see both options, drawing 1 is with timber and drawing 2 is what we recommend, without timber. Dimensions are available in our technical drawings.
3D adjustable butt hinges
Here you can see a brochure of the special adjustable hinges we use – 3D adjustable butt hinges.
And here you can down load an instructional guide for seasonal adjustment, should it be needed.
Technical info for the nerds
Thermal efficiency is a max of 1.6 Wm2k (or u-Value) using hardwood Oak or Sapele.
Aesthetics and more options for front doors:
- wide variety of accessories in your choice of colour, handles, letter plates and numbers etc.
- arched or swept heads, arched frames or bars.
- astragal georgian bars at 22mm (made to look like separate glass units)
- trickle vents in any size to suit building regulations Part F, acoustic vents also available.
- custom architraves.
- house numbers, stained glass or cat flaps are all available on request.
Look at your front door. Does it truly represent who you are?
Your first impression starts with the entrance door.
Let Your Front Door Make an Entrance!
As always, we are here to help and advise our customers to make sure every project is a success – so please do Contact us for help.