Our wooden French Doors also come with high security features. These double doors are a cost effective alternative to patio doors or bifold doors.
If you add full height windows onto the sides of a French door, you can get as much light as you would from any other type of door. This makes these ones very economical!
We supply wooden French doors direct from the factory to our customers.
French Doors or Double Doors
Security for your family:
- we offer 3 different High Security German made locking systems:
1. Winkhaus Auto Lock High Security – Secured by Design.
2. Winkhaus Lever Lever High Security – SBD
3. Winkhaus Lever Pad Split Spindle High Security.
- all of the above systems come with a 3 star high security cylinders
- or should prefer the older style we can do the Yale nightlatch locking system for you.
Technical advantages and options we recommend for French doors
- French doors (aka Double Doors) and single doors have two options of cill types: choose from either a timber cill with an aluminium top for drainage channels or a low aluminium threshold suitable for disabled access. We always highly recommend the low aluminium threshold cill as it is a much lower step so you are less likely to trip over it and it is also more durable and wear resistant. Obviously this is also useful for disabled access. Here you can see both options, drawing 1 is with timber and drawing 2 is what we recommend, without timber. Dimensions are available in our technical drawings below.
- here you can see a brochure of the special adjustable hinges we use 3D adjustable butt hinges.
- and here you can down load an instructional guide for seasonal adjustment, should it be needed.
- to ensure no warping, we use highly engineered solid timber only
- u-value = 1.4 to 1.6 W/m2K (measured on redwood items).
- CE Marked EN 14531-1 2006+A1:2010
- we can offer either external or internal glazing.
- fully weather sealed.
- timber panels are insulated with special materials sandwiched in the centre for maximum energy efficiency.
- laminated safety glass for the same price as toughened glass, for better sound insulation, when available.
Aesthetics and more options:
- wide variety of accessories in your choice of colour, handles, letter plates and numbers etc.
- arched or swept heads, arched frames or bars.
- astragal Georgian bars at 22mm (made to look like separate glass units)
- trickle vents in any size to suit building regulations Part F, acoustic vents also available.
- custom architraves.
- house numbers, stained glass or cat flaps are all available on request.
- any handle option is possible, so you can have either one main handle or a handle on both sides.
Stylish and Functional French Doors for Your Home
When it comes to making a statement in your home, French doors are a great way to do it. Not only do they add a touch of style and elegance, but they also serve a practical purpose, allowing natural light to enter your home and allowing easy access from one room to another. French doors, also known as double doors, are the perfect addition to any home and can be used for both exterior and interior spaces. We’ll explore the different styles of French doors and the benefits of installing them in your home.
Wooden French doors are an excellent choice for adding style and value to any home. There are a variety of styles available, with or without Georgian bars, wooden panels in the bottoms or all glass French doors. If you’re looking for a large back door, these are a great economical alternative to bifold doors or a patio door, or just an excellent source of light in your home, there is a style of French door to suit any home.
These doors allow the maximum amount of natural light to enter your home. Many people opt for full glass French doors for this reason, as they offer an unencumbered view of the outdoors and provide an excellent source of light.
For those concerned about security, which I would think is everyone, high-end locking systems are always fitted to wooden French doors for maximum protection.
Additionally, for those with pets, you can also opt for wooden panels with cat flaps in the bottom for your pets to come and go at their leisure.
You can also extend the doors by adding side windows attached to the doors for even more light and better views if you have the space.
All our wooden French doors come with double glazing as standard, ensuring an excellent source of light while also providing high security and energy efficiency.
Prices of French Doors
As always, we are here to help and advise our customers to make sure every project is a success – so please do Contact us for help.