Our Back Doors & Side Doors also come with superior security; so no one ever breaks in!
These wooden back doors are similar to entrance doors; but are usually a little more simple. Ours all come with Laminated and safe double glazing and beading which can not be removed by burglars.
Back Doors and Side Doors must be the safest!
Security for your family:
- we offer 3 different High Security German made locking systems:
1. Winkhaus Auto Lock High Security – Secured by Design.
2. Winkhaus Lever Lever High Security – SBD
3. Winkhaus Lever Pad Split Spindle High Security.
- all of the above systems come with 3 star high security cylinders
- or should prefer the older style we can do the Yale nightlatch locking system for you.
Technical advantages and options we recommend:
- for French doors, back doors and side doors; we have two options of cill types: choose from either a timber cill with an aluminium top for drainage channels or a low aluminium threshold suitable for disabled access. We always highly recommend the low aluminium threshold cill as it is a much lower step so you are less likely to trip over it and it is also more durable and wear resistant. Obviously this is also useful for disabled access. Here you can see both options, drawing 1 is with timber and drawing 2 is what we recommend, without timber. Dimensions are available in our technical drawings below.
- here you can see a brochure of the special adjustable hinges we use 3D adjustable butt hinges.
- and here you can down load an instructional guide for seasonal adjustment, should it be needed.
- to ensure no warping, we use highly engineered solid timber only
- u-value = 1.4 to 1.6 W/m2K (measured on redwood items).
- CE Marked EN 14531-1 2006+A1:2010
- we can offer either external or internal glazing.
- fully weather sealed.
- timber panels are insulated with special materials sandwiched in the centre for maximum energy efficiency.
- laminated safety glass for the same price as toughened glass, for better sound insulation and security, when available.
Aesthetics and more options:
- wide variety of accessories in your choice of colour, handles, letter plates and numbers etc.
- arched or swept heads, arched frames or bars.
- astragal georgian bars at 22mm (made to look like separate glass units)
- trickle vents in any size to suit building regulations Part F, acoustic vents also available.
- custom architraves.
- house numbers, stained glass or cat flaps are all available on request.
Why Wood Back Doors and Side Doors are the Best Option for Your Home
Back doors and side doors made from wood can be an attractive addition to any home. Not only do they provide an extra layer of security and protection, but they also give the exterior of your home a classic and timeless look. Wood back doors and side doors come in a variety of styles, colours, and designs, allowing you to create the perfect look for your home. In this blog post, we’ll discuss why wood back doors and side doors are the best options for your home.
Securing your home and family is the main priority
For those looking to upgrade their back doors or side doors, a wooden door is the best option. Wooden doors are the most secure and reliable choice when it comes to keeping your home safe. For maximum security, 3-star cylinders come as standard with doors from Authentic Timber Windows Ltd, providing the best safety protection possible. These locks are anti-pick, anti-bump, anti-snap and anti-everything that a burglar usually tries to take advantage of.
Wooden doors are much easier to maintain than many people think
Wood is prestigious
As always, we are here to help and advise our customers to make sure every project is a success – so please do Contact us for help.