Mock Sash Windows
Our mock sash windows, also known as fake sash windows; are actually casement windows designed to replicate the traditional appearance of sash windows, as they also include an external horn. The main advantage is cost effectiveness.
Read much more at the bottom of this page.
Mock Sash Windows or Fake Sash Windows or Imitation Sash Windows
Additional information on this Window System:
- this window is basically a storm proof casement window designed with decorative horns to look like a Sash Window, as it is more cost effective.
- 66mm frame, double gasket, opens out
- the bottom half is fixed with glass to the frame and the top is like a top hung opener, opening outwards
- the top opener overlaps the frame on the outside and is sealed with another gasket giving you a double gasket system; meaning more insulation, more windproof and more secure
- available only with Friction Stay Hinges (Optional for Safety we can offer Restricted opening hinges)
- high security multi-point window locks with Night ventilation locking for safety
- lambs Tongue is our standard Horn Design (more designs available as you can see below in technical drawings)
- externally glazed as standard but we can do internal glazing if preferred for this system
- u-value = 1.4 W/m2K (Measured on Redwood items)
- if you would prefer the real thing, please click here to see the Traditional Sash Windows we can offer.
Mock Sash Windows - A Cheap and Convincing Alternative to the Real Thing
Mock sash windows, also known as fake sash windows, are a great and economical alternative to real sash windows. Although they don’t have the same exact look as traditional sash windows, from a distance they offer a convincing imitation of the classic window style. Mock sash windows are actually stormproof windows that have been adapted to look like sash windows. Here we will discuss why mock sash windows are an affordable and convincing alternative to buying real sash windows.
What are mock sash windows?
Why go for Imitation sash windows?
The benefits of these "casement" windows
As always, we are here to help and advise our customers to make sure every project is a success – so please do Contact us for help.